The Association of Lincoln Presenters
2020 Conference Information
April 16-19, 2020
Welcome to Springfield, Illinois! Come for the history, stay for the hospitality!
Host and ALP Member, Randy Duncan along with hostess Caitlin Justice (Springfield Convention Bureau Member) are anxious to greet and show you the exciting and historical features of the town. Places of interest include the following:
- Grand Army of the Republic – Civil War Museum and fraternal order of Union Soldiers
- Lincoln’s Home – The only home Lincoln ever owned
- Lincoln’s Tomb – Lincoln’s resting place
- Old State Capitol – Where Lincoln gave his House Divided Speech and practiced many cases
- Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum – World renowned museum and library
- Lincoln’s New Salem – replicated historic village near Petersburg, IL
- Edwards Place – Springfield socialite family and relatives of Mary Todd Lincoln
- Frank Lloyd Wright’s Dana-Thomas House – Wright’s Prairie Style Home featuring a bowling alley, Sumac Stained Glass art, original furniture and artifacts
Randy Duncan (ALP Member)
2020 Conference Questions? Contact Randy via the ALP online contact form.
Caitlin Justice (Springfield Convention Bureau Member)
Host Hotel Accommodations:
Wyndham Springfield City Centre
700 E. Adams Street
Springfield, Illinois 62701
– $119/night + tax
– 2 breakfast coupons per room per day for a full hot breakfast buffet
– $5/day covered parking in garage attached to hotel
Situated at the corridor of Interstate 55 and Interstate 72, Springfield is easily accessible by car.
For those flying in to Springfield’s Abraham Lincoln Capital Airport, a complimentary shuttle to the hotel is available by calling 217-789-1530 and select Guest Services option when you arrive in Springfield. The hotel is located 3 miles from the Airport. Springfield is serviced by American Airlines, United Airlines, and Allegiant.
The closest international airport is Lambert Airport in St. Louis, approximately a 90 minute drive to Springfield.
For those interested in taking the AMTRAK, the station is 4 blocks from the hotel or you may call the hotel for a complimentary shuttle.
Springfield has taxi service, Uber, and Lyft available once you arrive.
Long Nine Junction
The Feed Store
Augie’s Front Burner
The Grill at City Centre (located in Wyndham hotel)
Nick & Nino’s Penthouse Steakhouse (located in Wyndham hotel)
Rise and Grind (Located in Wyndham hotel)
William Van’s Coffee House
Anvil and Forge
The Pinnacle Club (located in the Wyndham hotel)
Anvil and Forge
Buzz Bomb Brewery
Obed and Isaacs Microbrewery
Craft Beer Bar
For general Springfield, Illinois questions including a full listing of restaurants and attractions, please visit http://visitspringfieldillinois.com/. You may also call us at 800-545-7300.
To download our 2019 Visitors Guide, please visit this link: https://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/springfieldcvb/vg_2019/
Things to do in Springfield, Illinois:
Please stop by our brand new Visitors Center located on the Old State Capitol Plaza in the Lincoln-Herndon Law Offices!